Management Business Continuity ISO 22301
Management Business Continuity is the activity that takes place in an organization to ensure that all critical business processes will be available to customers, suppliers, and other entities that need to access them in case of disaster. These activities include many daily tasks such as project management , backup systems , change control and helpdesk . The continuity management is not implemented when disaster happens, but refers to all those activities that are performed daily to maintain service and facilitate recovery. Management Business Continuity decrease the possibility of occurrence of a disruptive incident and , if it occurs , the organization will be prepared to respond adequately and drastically reduce the potential damage that incident .
ISO / IEC 22301 was drafted to manage the business continuity planning properly in an organization.
The business continuity plan is a logistics plan to practice on how an organization must recover and restore its functions partially or completely interrupted critical within a predetermined time after an unwanted or disaster interruption.
- Having identified multiple risks that may impact on the continuity of operations and their impact on the business.
- Knowing the critical recovery times to return to the previous state of the company.
- Having classified assets to prioritize their protection in the event of an incident.
- Knowing the weakest points of the infrastructure, which are susceptible to an incident and affect business continuity .
- Reduce costs and considerable economic losses in case of an incident affecting the business
- It provides a competitive advantage over the competition.
- Improve organizational efficiency.
- Have a plan of action and quick response in case of an incident.